Tuesday 24 February 2015

Jefferson Hope Releases Confession

This just in! The criminal Jefferson Hope has just released his full confession for the atrocities he committed and how he went about doing it. I have included it here so read on!



I, Jefferson Hope, confess that I have killed Enoch Drebber of Salt Lake City, Utah. It all happened about twenty-one years ago. I was driving some cattle from the Nevada mountains to Salt Lake City. We were traveling down a long road on the outskirts of the city. The cattle were a huge lot, and were blocking the whole path. Up ahead in front of me, I figure on horseback galloped toward us and try to push their way through the cattle. All of a sudden, the horse gave a violent rear, snorting and prancing. I don't know what came over me, but something told me to go to the horseman's aid at once. I spurred my horse to a gallop and came up beside the terrified horse. The cloud of dust was immense, and I reached my hand over and grab the horse by the curb. I quickly turned and forced a way through the cows. As we emerged from the blanket of dust and to the outskirts, I realized that the horseman was not a man at all, but rather a woman. Young and fierce, she looked shaken, but she was still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
I found out she was the daughter of John Ferrier, and I knew my father and him had been quite thick.  That night I went to see him, and many times after that. The Ferrier farm became familiar to me, and John seem to enjoy my stories, as he had been in the valley and stuck in his work for a long time.
I knew from the beginning that I loved Lucy. I felt as though my life was complete when she was around. She awoke something within me that I didn't even know was there. I swore to myself I would never fail in having her. I went to John myself to ask for consent to marry Lucy, and he gave me his blessing, provided I got the mines working alright. That is the reason I had to leave. I went to Lucy and told her that when I came back, I would claim her and there was nothing that can stand between us. Her face lit up with joy and I kissed her passionately before riding off.
I returned months later to find the Ferrier house being watched on all sides by the mormons. I knew that it was their last night before Lucy needed to decide who to wed. Quiet and quickly I slithered towards the residence, right under the noses of all the guards. After entering the house, I told John to wake Lucy and for them both to prepare for the long journey ahead. For you see, I had a horse and two mules waiting in Eagle Ravine nearby. We made it out of the house safely, and past the guards on the cliffs.
On the second day, we stopped to rest in the mountains. I built Lucy and John a fire, and as our food provisions were running low, I was confident I could get us fresh meat. I was an incredible hunter, and armed with my rifle I set out. I hunted in silence, but soon, I realized I had been gone for hours. I gave the signal I was returning, but I heard nothing back, not even the faintest whisper. Worried now, I hurried back to the small camp. The fire was now reduced to ashes, and there was no sign of anyone, no John, no animals, and most importantly, no Lucy. I felt my head spinning, and I had to lean upon my rifle to prevent myself from falling. I inspected the ground, which was covered with hoofprints, confirming my fears. A large party had descended on them and then returned to Salt Lake City. Nearby I discovered the freshly dug grave of John Ferrier. Panicking I searched for another, but there wasn't. Lucy had been taken back to wed one of the Elder’s sons.
I walked for five days back to Salt Lake City. I learned my dear, sweet Lucy had been married to the horror that was Drebber. Within a month, she passed on from a broken heart. I felt dead inside. I was full of hate and rage, I stormed into bier early in the morning, frightening the women who were there, and ripped the wedding ring off her finger. I retreated into my mountains, letting my vengeance grow. I tried unsuccessfully to punish Stangerson and Drebber, and when they figured out it was me, they lead quite a few hunting parties into the wilderness to find me. I later went to work in a mine, to regain my strength, physically as well as financially. I was there for much longer than I thought, and when I returned I learned that Drebber and Stangerson had left Salt Lake City to become Gentiles.
Still adamant in my need for revenge, I wandered through the United States searching for them. I found them finally, many years later in Cleveland, Ohio. Unfortunately, Drebber saw me and I went before a Judge and was detained for many weeks. When I returned to the house, the pair had fled to Europe. I saved for a while, taking up work, and then traveled after them. I trailed them all over Europe, moving quickly from place to place. I finally ended up in London, and took up work as a cab driver. I soon located them and was pleased to finally have them at my mercy. I tracked them for weeks, and learned their habits.
One night I saw them pack up and leave to the train station. They decided to separate, and I followed Drebber out and to a liquor store, where he ended up drunk. I followed him to another house, where soon after he was kicked out and he climbed into my cab, telling me to take him to Halliday's Private Hotel. I instead took him to an abandoned house, and instead of killing him cold blood, I used pills which I had made. One consisted of a deadly poison, and the other was harmless. I knew God would serve as the judge and choose between us, as he chose one and swallowed it and I took the other. Within minutes his body began to spasm up and his face contorted with pain. Seconds later he was on the floor, dead. I then realized my nose had been bleeding and decided to write the word RACHE with it on the wall. I had seen it in a paper about a German in New York doing it and I wanted to mislead the police.
I then went back to the hotel to stalk Stangerson, but he never came out. I found out what room he was in and climbed in. I told him to choose between the pills but he instead came at me. In self defence I stabbed him in the heart.
This is my confession. I regret nothing, and as I will undoubtedly be dead soon with my aortic aneurism. I dedicated my whole life to avenging the deaths of Lucy and John Ferrier, and I am glad the murderers finally got what they deserved. To my beloved Lucy resting forever in heaven, I love you my dear.

Signed,
Jefferson Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment